Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Come Home Cows


Photobucket

Come On Closer - Jem

I come home late. For reasons that I once knew. And on my part, there's utter failure to exist in spaces in my house apart from my room and, necessarily, the toilet and kitchen. As soon as I unlock the front door, it is quite a dazed and unthinking float to my bed, with the rest of the house remaining unfocused. All I know is that it's glowing. Because Mom always leaves on two lamps, probably convinced that I would trip over something (although I'm pretty sure she's more concerned about the well-being of her floor vases than my feet's).

Photobucket

I came home early today, and to a feeling I would like to leave un-termed and vague. Mom had re-arranged the furniture. I shouldn't be surprised by this. She does this every other week, as if to satisfy her inner Gen Y and its abhoringly short attention span. But I guess today I saw that she had re-arranged everything. Saw. Noticed. Took note. Was aware. So much so I decided to camp outside on the wing chair tonight and..................revel in it, if anything.

Photobucket






2) When it comes to schools, I'm a complete Poly snob. And I feel much obliged to assume this position, since CJ left me nothing but sad scars (aww, poor baby, boohoo). There is instant frowning as soon as I come within a metre of a GP essay on foolscap and I consciously forbid myself to calculate anything that involves numbers more than 10 (money not included. You *know* everyone comes alive when money gets included).

So imagine the insane disdain when I found out that two of the modules I was taking this semester were examinable. EXAMINABLE. Bloody buy-a-textbook, make-sure-you-have-all-the-notes, listen-in-class-this-might-come-out-in-the-essay-question EXAMINABLE.

Therefore these past few days have been an ugly slew of study marathons, complete with a highly distracting partner-in-crime and the usual rainbow markers/highlighters that have the supposed task of speeding up the diffusion process between book and brain.

Somewhere, Adam Khoo is beaming.



3) I put up this mixtape a few days ago.

Photobucket

Ashu downloaded it, even with the full knowledge that he and I have music preferences that worthily challenge the differences between night and day. He didn't like a single song on the mix, but I adored him for trying. ♥

And then he made me one! Tapping into his iTunes from the other side of the world and came up with this baby!

Photobucket

FREAKIN'. AMAZIN'. ALBUM. ART. SO. MUCH. WIN.

HERE it is for download is anyone wants! It's a good hodgepodge of girl pop that makes me feel...young...and of course, a shameless plug (No Sex - Ashu feat. Ievan Darwin).

Photobucket

♥ ♥ ♥



4) Iskandar got the most gorgeous laptop sleeve. Here's a picture I stole off his blog:

Photobucket

It's somewhat hard to tell from the picture, but it has the most amazing leather handles that make your gripping fingers feel like it's in some kind of hand-heaven and DO YOU NOT SEE THE BEAUTIFUL PINSTRIPE!!!!!! It just screams


Oh man, I miss you when you were still good.

While you're still recovering from your Paranoid Parrot-ness last night about morbid things, imma steal your dope shit of a laptop cover.



5) And and and! I'm getting a new friend tomorrow!

Photobucket

Awesome Day Forecast!!!!

2 comments: