Less Than Thrilled - Love is All
Blog title of the day is from a nice late night chat session with Ben, Elaine, Joey and Isky, and Ben and I mimed ripping our hearts out with our hands and placing it together.
Because we all have stories, about being afraid and psycho ex-lovers and the predictable amount of daddy issues. And once in a while, with enough fire, with enough love, we can etch them on each other's willing skin. So that as disjointed as you feel, you know you're not the only one broken. For an hour, you feel okay because when all of us nasty, unfinished pieces of work are together, we make up one complete person.
1) I met up with this stranger yesterday.
In four hours, we had Burger King, attempted to talk like we saw each other just the day before, quoted more Cougar Town than any of us would usually on a regular day, renamed a shop "Mass Comm", spent "too much time in this store", obligatorily walked in FurrMuse, spazzed over the endless shoe beauty in LeftFoot and generally tried to make it feel like it was 2008 all over again. It's been that long.
2) There was this pushcart that sold long lengths of licorice in the most splendid sounding flavours (Sweet Lychee, Sour Red Cherry). Zaki and I got Sweet Vanilla Strawberry because I thought it was the nicest-looking (FLUFF ALERT) and "Vanilla Strawberry". Say whut????? Two words together that is equivalent to a straight ticket to a foodgasm.
It comes in a brown paper bag.
I'm a hopelessly huge fan of brown paper bags and its gajillion permutations of uses/forms. Therefore, a redundant spam is in order:
All from weheartit.com
ANYWAY, here they are:
Wooh.
3) Tapped on my supposedly healthy-sized self-esteem (according to Nigel anyway) and got a manicure done alone at Far East Plaza. Then decided on dinner plans while simultaneously botching the polish on my thumbs opening the double doors to the overhead bridge.
Had a Fuck Yea moment by arriving at the bus stop at the exact same moment 700A opened its doors and attempted to sardine myself between all the other Bukit Panjang-bound people aboard.
Then. THEN. My stomach lurches and the next thing you know I am leaving splotches of vomit on Newton MRT's escalator at three-step intervals and emptying the rest of my stomach into a toilet bowl with a cracked toilet seat.
I made a call, crawled into a cab and met my superhero that day.
Heheheheheheheh. I'd like to think he's giving me the Pity Face.
Noel picked me up from the taxi stand, paid for the cab fare I was short of, walking stick-ed me to Naked Fish Express and had dinner with me.
Fuck man, Noel, I luv u 50 much.
4) Last week, a few kids gathered at the very happening Games Room down at OurSpace for some very impromptu Apples to Apples. We decided to do it all over again this week. And you know how it becomes official once it's a Facebook event.
IT WAS TO BE TAKEN VERY SERIOUSLY.
Had some time with Joey and Elaine before that.
I am quite the dancer when it comes to grooving in a cloud of perfume.
Stopped by the Attic to find a very amused Shery who found what I thought was a very twisted picture of chicken nuggets masquerading as actual chicks.
And finally OurSpace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahahah "Sexual tension".
The "Fuck It" Pile
Can't remember what happened here but let's just settle for "Rahman stepping off the table after fifteen minutes of bar-top dancing."
FUCK YEAH FUCK EPIC WEDNESDAYSSSSSS.
Within our own little bubble, we have unanimously declared that this little congregation of ours should be a CCA.
On the other hand, we pretty much will make fantastic companions for darling fifty year old English grannies, in their comfy knit sweaters playing Go Fish and drinking Earl Grey from dainty China tea cups with their pinkies up. Though I do hope they have their hearing aids off. We are quite a riot.
5) I will now leave everybody with this week's highlights from my Photobooth.
BYE FROM DUBAI!!!!!!!!!
"Because we all have stories, about being afraid and psycho ex-lovers and the predictable amount of daddy issues. And once in a while, with enough fire, with enough love, we can etch them on each other's willing skin. So that as disjointed as you feel, you know you're not the only one broken. For an hour, you feel okay because when all of us nasty, unfinished pieces of work are together, we make up one complete person."
ReplyDeleteI needed that. Thank you for posting this at an apt timing.
Hey Banksy why don't you return my emails?
ReplyDeleteNurul damn pretty with the tudung.
ReplyDeleteBtw, I know where this place is http://img823.imageshack.us/i/p1120769.jpg/
always remember i'm a silent fan rakinah <3
ReplyDeletescuddingclouds.bs
(we need to meet up!)
My boyfriend slept with my bestfriend.
ReplyDeleteD:
@Grace
ReplyDeleteAny time ♥ Sorry this is such a late reply. but I do hope you're feeling better!
@Silent Fan
ReplyDeleteHey there, scuddingclouds ♥ I would very much like to cook pasta with you soon.
@Anon
ReplyDeleteHi there, I would like to know who you are so I can maybe have a decent face to face conversation with a hug or two thrown in. This comment is making me quite worried. :c