Friday, December 24, 2010

Cavort and Carry On


Photobucket

Cheated Hearts (Acoustic) - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

You can somehow never go wrong with acoustic sets from YYYs. I don't allow myself to settle for a preference (original vs. acoustic) because their sounds are so vastly different and amazing in the most unaligned of ways. You can't choose, you take both.

The latest Feature Writing assignment had me scouring Singapore soil for restaurants so easy on the eyes your pupils need a condom (insert dry laughter). Quite conveniently so, Farhanna, bless her JC heart, wrapped up the As a couple of weeks ago and therefore was more than glad to prance around the city with me.



1) We had pre-hunt lunch at F.I.S.H. at 313, generously sponsored by my aunt who over-enthusiastically declared herself a fan of the place. Her frantic gushing inched its way nearer to the gray area that was between fan and groupie gradually. Didn't help that the manager was this sexy Arab man who was just one of those annoyingly nice people you'd give an arm to. All they'd have to do was ask and say please.


Photobucket

Photobucket
SALAD BUFFET, WHUUUUUUUUUUT


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Best thing about F.I.S.H. other than sexy Arab managers AND their sleek harem-inspired lattice ceiling-to-floor doors AND their jizzin' salad buffet line?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

IT IS ALLAH-APPROVED



2) We managed to check off a few places that we had on our To-Go list and added some, including this excellent use of space:

Photobucket

Photobucket

She's called Flying Chillies and she sells Thai food. Doesn't look the part though. More of like how Alice in Wonderland would look like if you gave her neon glow sticks and blasted Shinichi Osawa at her in the form of paintball gun ammo.



+




=



^This image credit goes to Chatterfield.com

Because the walls pulsate!!! They alternate between very disko versions of purple and blue. Fortunately for the epileptic, not in giddy, convulsive flashes. They very gracefully change. Quite slowly...therapeutic almost.

AND THAT KILLER CHANDELIER. LET'S SEE THAT THING AGAIN.



DAYUUUUUUUUUM





3) Anna wanted to show me something magical, so we bounded towards Orchard Central; headquarters for escalators as long as...................Brontosaurus necks or somefink.

Photobucket
TIME TO SIT DOWN JYEAHHHHHHH

We did, however, make several pit stops (euphemism for getting distracted by pretty shiny things). One of them included Urban Write.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
THE BEST WRAPPING PAPERS!!!! AHHHH PAPER!!!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

♥_____♥



4) We did finally reach the top. It was a little damp and warm and I didn't know what to expect

Photobucket

Photobucket

AND THEN













Photobucket

Photobucket

THE WORLD AT MY FEET. EMILY HAINES, I FEEL U GURL.

Everything was gray and changed at every corner and the lines were outstanding and metal stretched for a long, long way. We felt like tourists and satellites at the same time.



5) Our last stop was Holland V, where we pointlessly roamed around a bit after a feeble attempt at trying to capture Fosters' interior seats from very far away with only Lou's kit lens (14 - 45mm T___________T).

Some days, I like to think I'm Martha Stewart (sans the condescending tone she uses on the Show). I'm a complete sucker for homeware. There is such a thing as Thread Count Heaven and China Plate Nirvana. Farhanna and I share this, so I brought her to Pantry Magic.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
"IT'S SO PRETTTttTTtYyyYYyyYyyYyyYY!!!!!!!!!!~~~~"

If you owe me cash, I now accept payment in Pantry Magic vouchers.



We left for home after a dazzling tour around everyone's favourite Lim's Art & Living (we literally have a route devised to make sure we comb the place thoroughly everytime we come) and a quick, nostalgic trot around the area.

Will end this one with this wall of ribbons:

Photobucket

PRETTY SPAZZM

2 comments:

  1. My God, this makes me want to frolic in a pool of ribbons and glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me along, I like the idea of keeping clean with sparkle and shine.

    ReplyDelete