Well, so much for adhering to Serene's wise, wise advice. "One obsession at a time," she said.
While nursing post-Monopoly Deal Marathon battle wounds today, Rabani and I started on The Office US, which of course has been part of our seemingly infinite To-Watch list (aforementioned list includes Misfits, Community, Modern Family, etc.). So in addition to an American-sized hype I currently have for Grey's Anatomy, Skins, Mad Men, Glee, Cougar Town, as well as life-long commitments to reruns of good ol' Friends and Seinfeld (which I obligatory watch just because it's on a physical DVD and our fussy player attached to the big TV actually READS it, therefore creating a cinematic experience that extremely dwarves the one that my MacBook weakly offers. I NEVER laugh while watching Seinfeld. It's terrible.), my being is now housing an increasingly effervescent excitement for Dunder Mifflin Paper Company.
TV TAUGHT ME HOW TO FEEL. NOW REAL LIFE HAS NO APPEAL
Marina & The Diamonds, you fucking prophecy. Here's the video, if you're a fan of Lichtenstein, a Henry Holland groupie or are just plainly interested in the origins of the above statement.
2) I have been a dedicated user of Mozilla Firefox, and I've always left the idea of alternative browsers rather shunned and unexplored. I do this consciously, because I somehow have managed to accumulate a browser-centricity (like ethnocentricity, but...yeah you get it) over the years.
I thought Mozilla Firefox was Internet heaven when I discovered it back then, because the other options included Internet Explorer, Netscape, and well, Shit basically. I've been using it since then and I've been dog-loyal.
AND THEN SHERYLENE CHAN (YOU TERRIBLE PIECE OF INFLUENCE, YOU) COMES ALONG. On top of the usual exploitation of my very volatile attention span by making me open Forever 21 tabs over productively progressing Word documents, SHE SENDS ME AN INVITE TO ROCKMELT.
I was so reluctant! She excitedly pimped it to be this social network revelation and that made me want to crawl into a hole of oblivion further. Because as ample a time I spend on horrible distractions like Tumblr, I tend to a pinch of denial that I have sold half my soul to the extensive menu of social networking sites. (I cannot explain why this is so, I think I am an 80 year old in this way.) I didn't need a speedbump on my social networking!
So I left my RockMelt invite to rot in my inbox (Joey sent me another one a couple of days later). I tweeted about it recently,
And Jay Jay, bless his tumblr-heart for which I have a schoolgirl crush on, replied.
After a few more tweets, I gave in (and very easily too) and DOWNLOADED GOOGLE CHROME.
For one, INTERFACE ORGASM
And look Ma, look what a pretty pink cupcake it is on my Dock!
Deux, it does this supahfly thing where endless scrolling is enabled on sites that you browse page-to-page.
FUCKING GENIUS
Trio, Facebook tab thingum.
'Nuff said.
Empat, if you download the right extensions, you can get a spiffed up Tumblr experience!!!!!!!!
PIMP MY TUMBLR
And you thought the Share on Tumblr bookmark was clever...
I was on Juice.com.sg because....................
3) I won some sweet, sweet Ferz kicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM A PENGUIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pictures straight from x
Um, okay, I realise the multiple-layered nature of the Penguin reference. Here's a breakdown to make you feel a little less clueless. Like, Ferz are shoes, right? And I'm happy I got them. So if I'm happy, my feet would be too, because they're, like, shoes, right?So happy feet >> Happy Feet, like, the movie with penguins >> Penguins
Geddit geddit geddit?!?!?!? ...........................ugh I'm sorry, I'll never make references like that again D:
Getting them in Light Khaki!
4) Syaqif brought back this happy looking package the other day.
And we soon found out it was a game of sorts, one that made use of some horrifyingly schizophrenic jelly beans and a colour wheel.
Apparently each bean is an Either/Or situation, and the options come from deathly extreme ends of the taste spectrum. For example, a brown bean could either be Chocolate Pudding or....................................................Dog Food.
Another example would be the spotted yellow one, which could either be a pleasant explosion of Buttered Popcorn or a less tongue-friendly alternative......................................................Vomit.
And to add on to this mindblasting conspiracy, the texture of the jellybeans has been acquired in such a way that the juices burst in your mouth and invade your tastebuds before you have time to think. If you get Green Apple, well, lucky you, but if you get hit by a Booger Bean, too late, your tongue has been murdered.
IT IS VICIOUS. Rabani and I are too scared to play it anymore so we still have half a box left in the refrigerator. Extremely cheeken, yes.
SHUDDER
5) Got lovely Christmas mail from Ashu the other day!
By the way, if anyone would like to be Snail Mail buddies, do drop a comment. I'm rather keen.
6) Aside from this card, the boy also made me a mixtape! He's done one for me before, which therefore makes this Strike Two. I decided to mirror the effort and make one for him.
We have one of the most unaligned music personalities, it's not funny anymore. But I think we both try! To the point of ridicule and irony, which I think is a pretty good level to reach! Sample conversation:
A: You listen to Lydia?
I: Yes! It's one of my favourite bands!
A: Really? ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I: REALLY????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!
A: *cryptic laughter*
I: Ashu, you almost got me there.
Here you are, Ashu! This one's for when you crave a smooth, sexy beat with just a touch of diva pipes. To everyone else: you can download it to, if you like.
Download
I've added a Mixtape column to the sidebar on your right for all the mixtapes I've made/am going to make so anyone can download them everytime there's a dire need to shake up their iTunes routine a little.
7) Made this one wink like a girl over Skype the other day and he named a ship after me.
We've been having fun ;)
8) Finally, I need a vote. I would like to print one of the following to put up in my room but I don't know which one. Do help me decide which layout is better!
Click for bigger pictures
Just FYI, they're painstaking screencaps from one of my favouriteststststststtststtt videos. I've been putting off making this for about a year now, but here it is and now I can't decide. :(
So many good things in one place.
9) And, yeah, Happy New Year.
Jet Black New Year - Thursday
My favourite part about New Year's is the coverage on News 5 Tonight when they show the countdowns from all over the world. It gets so overwhelming and I just get more and more ravenous for escapism. This is the first thing that makes me cry every year.
I'm downloading the mixtape, can't wait to hear it. :D Thanks Iffah, Happy New Year
ReplyDeleteHI IFFAH CAN I BE YOUR SNAIL MAIL CORRESPONDANT?? ;) I'VE ALWAYS WANTED ONE!!!!
ReplyDelete@Ashu Let me know what you think of it, alright! Happy New Year to you too xx
ReplyDelete@Fadhilah YESSSSSSSSSS LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Email me your address or something!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHow do you make your tumblr dashboard so pretty!!!! D: Sorry about the previous comment too much typo errors due to over excitement. heh.
ReplyDelete@Jensen
ReplyDeleteWell hello there, Frequent Reader, finally a name to a...uhm, name! It's alright hahaha my panties were in a bunch too as soon as I discovered how to do it! Basically you've got to download Google Chrome.
This tutorial helped me a fuckabuck. Hope it does the same for you!
http://simpricity.tumblr.com/post/1369033937/tutorial-how-to-change-your-tumblr-dashboard