"Well the two of you seem to be having a stellar time," Nadya said with a sneer, one hand loosely around the rim of a plastic cup filled with a dubious-looking mix of cough syrup, vodka and Milo. Her head was tilted back slightly so her eyelids fell quite effortlessly over scheming eyes.
"Actually, we are," he replied as-a-matter-of-factly. He snaked an arm around Alex's waist, pulling her close enough to affectionately nuzzle her hair. Alex's face lit up and she smiled warmly.
"Oh."
Nadya did not expect this, and it showed in her unconscious fist-clenching that caused her cup to crumple and some of her drink to spill. She remained startlingly unfazed. She assessed her competition once more and smiled back.
"Well, fuck you."
Um, I might be doing this more often. These random paragraphs out of an invented, sketchy scenario, I mean. I have the most irregular brainwaves and, currently, they are solidified on receipts, loose pages of a notepad or scraps of papers I seem to lose eventually. The last thing I need out of this is for someone to understand them, because I myself haven't the slightest clue about what I intend to do with them. This is just something I have always been doing. Fragments of a seemingly bigger story hitting me at inappropriate times. Inappropriate in this context refers to my lack of readiness in terms of writing/typing material.
But I guess it might be fun if anyone provides a prelude or a sequel. We could unintentionally write a book together. We could call it 'The Accidental Book'.
Reminds me of the passage Keenan and I found on the piece of paper during FMSU camp hahahaha
ReplyDeleteOMG YOU ARE NEVER TO MENTION THAT AGAIN
ReplyDelete