Rumour Has It - Adele
After an intense session of eye-frying thanks to a marathon of movies/Mad Men episodes, I half-trudged, half-crawled to the kitchen with a ravenousness that could have probably caused some kind of destruction if I hadn't shoved an apple down my throat between Movie 1 and 2.
There was nothing on the kitchen table except for a sad looking bowl shallowly filled with sambal and half an orange. I wasn't in the mood for anything citrusy dipped in chilli. The fridge had is usual baffling mishmash of tupperwares filled with dubious-looking content. Plus, it smelt like garlic because Mom forgot to put the lid on the chopped garlic. I hurriedly groped around the vegetable box and emerged with a decent mix of chillis, french beans and tomatoes.
Found half a can of Mexican beans, some chicken breast and got a-cookin'.
WOO LUNCH
Had it with my default afternoon beverage, generously supplied by the very darling Dyan.
Dyan, by the way, is the loveliest person who I've had the absolute joy of having increased amounts of conversations with. I don't think he knows it, but he was my 11:11 for two nights in a row and is effortless at making me smile. He runs a stellar blog and has a possibly unhealthy obsession with Lady Gaga.
So Dyan has been on a tea pilgrimage of sorts, which I am more than happy to be a extreme advocator of just because TEA4LYFE has assumed mantra #981931 for me. Also because I plan to form a CommitTEA (C WHAT I DID THAR) soon and we're about a couple of members short of an Exco.
He passed me some sachets the other day, which also helped my Try 10 New Types of Tea goal for this holiday.
Mocha & Green Tea Swiss Rolls from some patisserie my aunt dropped by.
I'm well acquainted with my mom's really random baking rampages. The other day, she came home with a familiar gleam in her eye that was routinely followed by a crazed session in the kitchen. She churned out about 40 muffins in two different flavours within 90 minutes and then hit the sofa with a baking glove still on, utterly punctured.
I help with the filling of casings with batter and washing up. While waiting for the muffins to bake, I sketched on some paper that was lying around. I made up a muffin company called Muffin Luvin' and drew a menu. There were also logo variations involved hehehehehehheh
MUFFIN LUVIN'. SO CATCHY DON'T YOU AGREE.
Today was decently spent, I thought. I can't wait for tomorrow. There's going to be the usual TGO razzledazzle, I'm getting my Frankie issues, I'm hoping to shut down MOE and I have a new issue of Reader's Digest to read on the bus ON TOP OF an amazing edition of Martha Stewart Living.
THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE, GUYS.
YOU COOK/ DRAW SO WELL Q.Q /jelus
ReplyDeleteYou have such pretty fabrics lying around at home too. How is it possible you have a different pattern/ texture for every single shot?!?! IT BLOWS MY MIND IFFAH
Aww thank you Lydia! I really don't think so because it was really about throwing things I could find in the kitchen together and randomly doodling alot hehehe.
ReplyDeleteAnd I never noticed that I had a different background for every single shot! I just try to have the least distracting background for whatever I'm shooting at that point. It's not really a conscious thing that the background was pretty or what not. It just had to make my subject stand out c:
This might just be the cutest post.
ReplyDeleteAww, thank you Nabilaaaahhhh
ReplyDelete