Saturday, May 7, 2011

Insecurity Influx


Photobucket

Insects - The XX

The other day, my mom was saying how she was a grain-of-sand close to filing a Missing Person's report when I came home at a time completely unacceptable to her motherly terms (12 am, by the way). She then said she was just kidding about the Missing Persons part, but apparently she had reached the wringing-her-hand-dry kind of worry. I was supposed to be sorry.

I wonder if it's a Mom thing, all this unnecessary hyperbole. If so, I would make an excellent mother just because I'm a big fan of over-drama and exaggeration.

Anyway, I have been broken down by the highly acidic fluids in a digestive dynamo of another year in Mass Comm. It's feels like Week 14 has craftily made some kind of switcheroo happen, sneakily trading places with Week 3 so that all the crazy, overwhelming deadlines the butt of the semester is known for have already been unleashed to swallow us whole.

This has caused a rapid deterioration of physical youth for a lot of people. Nothing make-up can save, honestly. Also, "sleep" is slowly morphing into something rather unrecognizable to our desperation to meet deadlines. "Sleep? What is that? Does it taste good?"

So we've been scraping by, and by "scraping by" I mean digging our nails into the ground and heaving ourselves from our beds to campus one arm span at a time. It's been so exhausting for everyone, but no one dares to stop.

Ievan and I have channelled the small capacity of energy left reserved for miscellaneous activity to do things together. It's been wonderful, of course.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh and Skype,

Photobucket

And just some knickknackpaddywacks that made me smile this week:

Katy Perry for OPI's Teenage Dream!
Photobucket

SMS Karaokes with Redzuan
Photobucket

Pug notebook from Iskandar
Photobucket

They're not much, but the little things, guys. The little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment