Friday, June 24, 2011

Living with Conjunctivitis


Photobucket

A Place Near the City - Lydia

Well, okay, i's not as if it's forced me to change the entire course of my life ahead, and it certainly doesn't require a charity of any sort, but it has been a struggle.

It makes everything less amazing. The world is on perpetual soft focus, an effect that gets annoying when you try to read text (even though it is only a metre away from you). The only way I know how to read is to become fully reliant of my prior knowledge of how words look like to figure out which shapes are what words. Thank goodness for good company. Wouldn't have been able to survive the day.



Caught up with Ashu finally, who has very willingly given himself into his internship at SPH. It was the loveliest thing seeing him.

Photobucket

Finally cleared a salmon craving (I crave like a pregnant woman. I do not kid) at Eighteen Chefs and headed over to Bugis with Annabelle, Ievan and his spiffy new Jeremy Scott for Swatch wrist-candy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Fondue for 3" - Jolene Sng lolololol



I met Ariff in the middle of Laneway earlier this year, we faced inconsiderate white people, a BlackBerry with no flash and of course an unrelentless rain, the horror of which was very compensated by a beautiful Spanish Sahara.

We've been back-and-forthing with the Facebook messages and wall posts, conversations peppered with "CALL ME WHEN YOU'RE IN TOWN" and the like. He finally was in town on Wednesday, along with his brother Aiman, for an oddly obscure media broadcast convention.

We ditched plans to go get food and ended up spending a surmountable time talking over traffic and a Big Gulp in front of 7-Eleven (whose store frequency highly amused the both of them), topic-hopping from the Elections to Ramly Burger.

With the trickle of decent eyesight I had left, we very lightly combed through Kampong Glam and it was so nice to see that the place made them look forward to another visit here.

Such gentlemen, the two of them, and brilliant conversationalists to complement the overwhelming niceness that is the two of them.

Photobucket

Really can't wait till you come back, guys!



I really really want my eyesight back :'(


2 comments:

  1. I have conjunctivitis too! :'( and living with my specs is just... sigh, get well soon iffah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two friends who got it too! What is this widespreadness! Take care, Deborah!

    ReplyDelete