The holidays often bring with them a glimmering hope of productivity in terms of propelling my quest to be the ultimate Martha (but I plan to allow people to complete their sentences). I always try to line up crafts to do, things with crepe and glue or messy finger paint with bales of canvas.
This holiday has been no different, and also unchanging in the fact that I find myself subconsciously abandoning all plans of nifty craftwerk. Largely thanks to the severe lack of prioritizing skill, of course. In the end, all I've been doing is rolling out of bed only after I've had at least two episodes of Christina Hendrick's butt and Jon Hamm swirling whiskey in a cup with one hand. This is followed by an hour-long cold shower and then random grazing through-out the day. The next thing you know, it's dark and...I'm just not that nocturnal.
Anyhoolahay, I did manage to nip around to making luminarias (such a pretty word!), the delightful tissue pom-poms that they are.
I tore a few layers of tissue, which I was extremely bummed about. But apart from that, it was breath-slowingly therapeutic. I wanted to just sit there by the window and make them till my fingers bleed, whispering the word "luminaria" once in a while for free thrills.
They look like very friendly clouds, hanging out near the ground and all. I am contemplating a whole sky of them for my room. If you are too, here you go. ♥
WHOAH SO PRETTYYYY SO INSPIRED NOWWW but my priority issues last warning. ):
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDeleteThank you, children ♥
ReplyDelete