The first weekend of the internship semester has finally rolled around, and I couldn't be anymore grateful. As much as I have already entertained sparks of fondness for the m:idea office and its quirky inhabitants (they range from the elusive Radio Heatwave/CTV table to a cockroach that made Noel scream like a pig-tailed little lass), I was very much looking forward to the pause. Perhaps I needed to contemplate, to sit for more than an hour and internalize the week.
Because it's been good. Curiously fantastic, in glaring contrast to the nightmare stories that have lurked around conversations that follow me telling people I'll be interning at the m:idea office. It might be the untainted serenity before the storm, I'm quite sure, but for what it's worth, I like it alot.
Apart from the Chingay of e-mails I had to blast to my now "media friends" (and the introduction of a certain Undo Send E-Mail button structured out of pure genius), the first week of sitting at my table that gives me a breath-taking (not) view of the FMS courtyard and the top of Xin Zhe's head has been rather...enjoyable.
Highlights this week include: 1) our mid-day Pantry Parties, which basically consists of huddling together with warmed up Raspberry Cheesecake cookies from Subway and watching tea leaves dance, 2) quite a rude epiphany that HYPE is not as popular as our delusion prefers it to be (many kudos to our homies in South Africa that helped us realise this without any need for dope or weed or ghetto rap), 3) attaining a deeper understanding of both some people's eating habits (Serene only eats the stems when she's having broccoli and Dionel does not eat seafood because he can't), 4) feeling like we've been technologically misguided all my life when Mr William Aung FINALLY taught us the amount of sorcery Photoshop was capable of, and 5) being there for people because they needed me to (needless to say, this was the most satisfying).
So it's been a great first week, and I'm pretty sure I'd ~~fondly recall~~ these times when the school gates officially burst open mid-October and we find ourselves chucked in the middle of the chaos (100% pure Deadline concentrate), not being able to stop even for a sip of Earl Grey.
It is also Rabani's birthday. He turns 16 today and woke up to a Birthday Bash (being hit in the face with a bolster 16 times).
Aunt Chi Chi texted yesterday morning that she was cooking and baking, then proceeded to upload a glorious picture of what she had for breakfast. If she wasn't so open about her invitation to come over and devour her kitchen whole, it would be a very cruel thing to do.
Pictures when I come back later. I shot on RAW, yay!
Just so you know, I'm grabbing your edition of HYPE once it comes out. Cannot freaking wait.
ReplyDeleteI'm currently reading the Johnny Depp issue! Saw your articles woooooooooooooo ♥
ReplyDelete