Concrete Wall (Drums) - Zee Avi
Today, I reached the void deck of my house a few minutes before seven. It was raining so the concrete was slick, and all the night florescent lights were still fast asleep. It was dark, and grey, and felt heavy on my eyes. The lights came on as soon as I passed the metal locker the family on the first floor leaves outside to rust. Or for some other incomprehensible intention. Someone had spray-painted 'Fuck' across the drawer faces. Classy.
There was a disappointing lack of mail (I've been waiting on a parcel for a week), and maybe it is this sad excuse of a tragedy that made me slam the letterbox door shut a little too hard. I am now trying to see what's so great about a broken letterbox lock. I don't know. I guess homeless squirrels now have a place to stay.
I don't remember the last time the house looked so warm. It was very bright tonight, my mom had probably changed the lightbulbs. The lamps all had an unfamiliar kind of glow, in strengths I don't recall existing. It was new, and everything looked like the sun had licked it good.
From a distance, the house looked amazing, basically. I reckon this is how The Light looks like. Y'know the one in Ghost Whisperer and after all the shit goes down and all the ghosts are like, "Oh, I see it now. It's so beautiful. It's calling out to me."
And they walk towards it. And they feel saved.
No comments:
Post a Comment