Coming back here feels like running into an ex while you're out on the streets. The kind where there's this sudden downpour of good times you used to have furiously beating down your head and ability to speak so that all you can manage is a weak-ass "Um. Hi."
I'll be back tonight. In the mean time, happy birthday, Noel darling.
[EDIT] So it's 11.30 pm and here I am. Where do I even start?
I guess the same way I very eventfully announced the beginning of it, I should acknowledge that a very significant chapter of my treacherous path to becoming a decent media person has come to an end.
I could give a day-to-day sypnosis of my entire six-month internship in m:idea (I'm serious, I have monthly reports), but it is possible that I would slip into a horrid spiral of depression, dragging you down with me. This fate shall be avoided by diverting all attention to shinier, more uplifting things.
Like Mandy.
I'll be back tonight. In the mean time, happy birthday, Noel darling.
[EDIT] So it's 11.30 pm and here I am. Where do I even start?
I guess the same way I very eventfully announced the beginning of it, I should acknowledge that a very significant chapter of my treacherous path to becoming a decent media person has come to an end.
I could give a day-to-day sypnosis of my entire six-month internship in m:idea (I'm serious, I have monthly reports), but it is possible that I would slip into a horrid spiral of depression, dragging you down with me. This fate shall be avoided by diverting all attention to shinier, more uplifting things.
Like Mandy.
photo credit
Who, in this picture that is a spot-on summary of our relationship and the obsessions that bring us together, has been the person by my side fighting the same devils and shedding the same amount of blood as I have.
At some point, I think we were on our knees, very desperately crawling to the finish line that teased and seemed to inch further and further away the nearer we got. We both could have cried, could have slit each other's throats and thrown ourselves off the FMS block, but we did something better.
This beautiful person filled me up with tea, puppy videos, and hush-hush conversations that would make Serene blush if she heard them. And it all made it slightly easier to breathe. To breathe even.
Knowing there was Mandy there made it so much easier to enjoy the tragedy.
At some point, I think we were on our knees, very desperately crawling to the finish line that teased and seemed to inch further and further away the nearer we got. We both could have cried, could have slit each other's throats and thrown ourselves off the FMS block, but we did something better.
This beautiful person filled me up with tea, puppy videos, and hush-hush conversations that would make Serene blush if she heard them. And it all made it slightly easier to breathe. To breathe even.
Knowing there was Mandy there made it so much easier to enjoy the tragedy.
Notice how I didn't bother editing this picture of it's horrid quality. Vodafone for the win!
Amanda Lim Jia Qi, here's to more dinosaurs, Pinterest, naming inanimate objects and to never, ever, ever relying decisions on a coin flip. ♥
The office had a little trip to Universal Studios earlier this week. It was a Battlestar blast (c what I did thar?): being giddy with excitement, over-priced food, and G-FORCE, OH GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS G-FORCE I LOVE ROLLERCOASTERS.
Noel went out of his way (I am not kidding) to borrow Ling's fancy fish-eye lens so that 1) there's proof that m:idea is pretty awesome, 2) Winona's epic faces can be documented and just in case we needed to blackmail her, we'd have an entire collection of unglam faces to choose from, and 3) ...like, c'mon, the boy likes taking pictures. Let him.
Mostly reason number two though.
The office had a little trip to Universal Studios earlier this week. It was a Battlestar blast (c what I did thar?): being giddy with excitement, over-priced food, and G-FORCE, OH GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS G-FORCE I LOVE ROLLERCOASTERS.
Noel went out of his way (I am not kidding) to borrow Ling's fancy fish-eye lens so that 1) there's proof that m:idea is pretty awesome, 2) Winona's epic faces can be documented and just in case we needed to blackmail her, we'd have an entire collection of unglam faces to choose from, and 3) ...like, c'mon, the boy likes taking pictures. Let him.
Mostly reason number two though.
When you see it, you'll shit brix.
Epic faces in question:
Love you, Winona, you hipster in denial, you.
I genuinely miss being trigger-happy. One of the first things I did the week after our access to the m:idea office got revoked was to take Lou out for a spin. He hadn't seen daylight in a while, and he felt so good and right in my hands (that's what she said).
We had a bunch of coupons/vouchers/passes to clear thanks to MYCA (which was AWESOME BY THE WAY, THANKS FOR ASKING), Udders was one of them so we bounced over to Lorong Kilat to get a scoop of Pistachio and Bailey's & Bourbon ice creeeeeeeeammmmmmm.
Look ma, a gif!
Adjusting shutter speed has never felt so good.
Met Farhanna afterwards! For our long overdue wanton noodles date, resisting urges to dance to line-dancing songs, and cooing over Jeremy's attempts at cooking.
On yet another quest to clear MYCA vouchers, Noel and I headed over to Strictly Pancakes (10% off total bill!!!!!)
Met Ievan afterwards, who had a bagful of over-priced fragrances and copies of Designare to share.
Also saw this poor chap who was clueless about the leaf he had in his hair.
Didn't know there were trees in buses nowadays.
Last but not least, wanted to introduce to everybody a new pal. She's the sweetest thing and she's nicely plumpfy and likes it best being cradled under my right arm.
Her name's Stella the Stego and I cried like a wuss when I first set my eyes on her. She was that beautiful.
Will leave everyone with this picture of us.
Those shorts went bust during USS, I was dejected. But check ittttt they've been magically repaired by elves (a tailor)!
No comments:
Post a Comment