Saturday, June 29, 2013

Standard Supply

Occasionally I feel deeply unsatisfied with my quality of life (usually when I'm on Kim Kardashian's Instagram feed or Pinterest), but when that happens I always make sure I remind my pathetic, self-pitying ass that I don't have it bad at all. And I don't. Whenever I feel it's like a predictable plot twist in a Katherine Heigl movie where EVERYTHING goes wrong, wrong, wrong, I take a deep breath and have something with pesto and smoke a Hello Kitty cigarette (or something). It'll seem bright and shiny after, it'll seem amazing for the duration it takes me to wipe my plate clean and the 6 hours after. It'll be ok.

1) My attempts to climb the ladder to domestic goddess Nirvana have been half-assed as of lately. At 22, I've reluctantly turned into a tired old fart who, on days where I'm too tired to even TOAST BREAD, worships the ingenuity of TV dinners and accepts Maggi Mee as an acceptable option of nutrition. But I try when I can. I really do.

 photo photo3.jpg

 photo photo5.jpg

 photo photo1.jpg

 photo photo4.jpg

 photo photo22.jpg

I promise cherry tomatoes are not all I have at home.

2) When I'm completely void of kitchen chi, or when Hans asks really nicely, we go for brunch out. He doesn't know it, but I always make sure there's some kind of seafood in my order so he never steals anything off my plate. Kidding. I'm not an asshole. I actually feel pretty bad when I have something I really like and his utter distaste for "fishy things" means I can't share it with him.

 photo photo1-1.jpg photo photo4-1.jpg

 photo photo3-1.jpg photo photo5-1.jpg

 photo photo2-1.jpg

3) "Instagram like an extreme sport." That's the general mantra for iPhoneography. I mess around with tons of apps. My go-tos are VSCOCam, Snapseed, Frametastic, and, more recently, A Beautiful Mess. I LAVVVVVV

 photo photo2-2.jpg photo photo1-2.jpg photo photo5-2.jpg

 photo photo3-2.jpg photo photo2-3.jpg photo photo4-2.jpg

Lol Clarissy

Ok I'm going to run off and try to have a decent weekend. It's about to start with heading to the office so I'm not entirely optimistic. ♥

3 comments: