Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Not Quite Deliberate



These past couple days have seen an elevated amount of...avoiding people. Something I'm not exactly proud of because I've always worn my social butterfly crown with a pride that would disgust you. But this week, it's been a bit jumpy of the hide-behind-the-bushes sort.

I've never actually had someone that I needed to run away from. Apart from my mom. Specifically at 8 am on a Saturday morning and she's screaming about how she's been up for 3 hours and none of us have made the slightest half-assed attempt of pulling ourselves out of bed to help her buff the house to a shine. But I'm sure you'll agree the woman is completely estranged, and that I am entitled at least a good half-an-hour more of sleep-in. I agree too. And I do sleep in, only to regret it 15 minutes later when she storms into my room and empties the laundry basket on me. I crawl from underneath the heap, push it under my bed and head into the shower. After noncommittally dusting a table or two, I'm out the front door, running away from the mad bitch (I use this AFFECTIONATELY. I do love my mom).

There's no exact necessity to say who I've been dodging, but I've been out everyday and I've got a knot in my throat like I had the biggest secret in the world and it hurt keeping it cause I would want to tell somebody anybody and if I didn't already accidentally let it slip I would have let it combust inside me and kill me slowly

2 comments:

  1. Oddly I know this feeling. Probably not the same situation as you but feelings are universal and I get this. I really get this. Here's hoping it slips away in the middle of the night, when you're least fighting it. And that it never returns. For awhile anyway.

    ReplyDelete