Hans, along with posse Adriano and Nicky, are in town for a couple of days. We met for dim sum and drinks last night. I also finally met Gautam, who I always hear about on a second-degree level but never had had the pleasure to see face-to-face. We headed over to Orchard Towers after Loof.
I've never seen anything quite as sad as doll-faced Russian girls half-heartedly dancing up poles in an empty bar on a Monday night. I couldn't take my eyes off them. Thank goodness for the ratchet music and sporting Nicky who booty-popped the mood to swinging heights.
I wished I had photos, but the mousey security dude told me recording wasn't allowed. I didn't want to get thrown out so I relented. I kinda wanted to stick around to see if the girl who was dancing on the bar top across us was going to do more than just reluctant hip sways to the pulsating reggae-EDM-techno mix. Spoiler alert: she didn't.
Gautam commented, "Come on, she needs to do more than that to earn money! Uniqlo shirts are very pricey now."
We called it a night after everyone finished their beers. Nicky got pulled by another chick on our way out. She was this fit African girl that had tits up to her chin and amazing Diana Ross hair. He got called selfish after he turned down her offer of going home with him, and she strutted off the other way with her friend (who was wearing with these sick disco gold foil tights ON TOP of also having amazing Diana Ross hair).
I swung into a cab with a box of Bastogne and a massive new jar of speculoos pasta, which we had used as a dumbbell for a bit. On the ride home I thought about Adriano, who didn't make it out cause the poor boy was exhausted from the flight, and how we were so close yet so far. It's a busy time at work so I might end up not meeting the lot for another time, which means I probably won't get to see Adriano at all.
It really is a shame, and then I thought about everyone who was in Singapore right now who would be jetsetting somewhere else the same time as Adriano will, and how I would never ever meet them even though we were at the same place for that tiny bit of time, and I felt quite small.
No comments:
Post a Comment