Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Syphillis is making a comback..."


Photobucket

Blog title today courtesy of Annabelle, who almost wrote it as one of her answers for the News Writing leads test this week.

1) It felt like nobody could see the end of the week coming, prior to the constant reassurance that this week was going to be one of the easier ones we're going to have this year. Load of bull that was. You'd think going slow would make you more thorough, more detailed. But somewhere in your slow mo mid-air swing, you hit a popfly and you lose all that impact in a second.

The times that I have been sleeping at are outstandingly unfamiliar, and it is almost awkward as my body tries to adapt. It behaves like it's at a party with the popular kids, trying to slide in between jock and cheerleader looking like what he was doing was ~completely natural~ (how do you develop a habit in 5 minutes?) and failing in whale proportions. At times like these, I carelessly wish I had a disorder like insomnia.

2) Spent ten minutes pre-Dream Train yesterday looking at pictures of Paris and cakes and macaroons. Dreamt of the Dior Cherie ad and got up the next morning and dressed fueled from my subconscious.

I was a French Patisserie!

Photobucket

When I got home, I almost killed myself for not remembering that I had pink macaroon earrings that blatantly should have gone with the outfit. :@@@@@@@@@

3) I met Hani after a well-salvaged Drama & Poetry at school for some catch-up and chilli sauce. She in her Cikgu glory (kebaya and all), and I quite drugged from the nap I took at Nigel's feet.

Photobucket

4) Then we made rounds on our turf, and ended up at the atrium digging through piles of rejected stationery. Seriously? My body conserves a whole lot of energy for atrium sales. They're one of the best places to (waste? no) SPEND a bit of your time. Half of my wardrobe can be traced back to atrium sales and....I'm rather proud of it. Plus, I'm a sucker for the useless; and abandoned notepads and bookmarks always always tug at my heartstrings.

Here's what was dug up from the debris!

Photobucket


a) Bookmark assortment. I've seen these cats on, off and around the Internet, but never once was there enough bother to do a Google search. They look like they live terribly decadent lives, and I am so so jealous.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favourites from the set.

b) HEART PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket


c) Cloud-shaped notepads. Picked these two out of the pile because one has someone with nice hair and a Speedy shitting rainbows and the other has birds with leaves for wings. I am so intrigued. ♥ ____ ♥

Photobucket

Photobucket

They open up to very pretty colours too.



5) It rained very depressingly today; grey, thunder and very humid. So I made it rain happy inside.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Much better.

6) In true MLIA fashion, I discovered that the top of my Mac magnetises my bows.

Photobucket

Good fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment