Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"You are so straight right now"

*I was completely deprived of the Internet while in KL, so I very pathetically drafted a blog entry on Microsoft Word. 'Tis very sad, I know.

Photobucket

Blog title today is what I exclaimed when Nigel actually asked what “those things on my ears” were. Ear studs, Nigel, ear studs. And the boy just went on a mini spree at Talismans.

Hi, I’m about 400 kilometres away from where I usually am moping about. The air here is swimming with potentially hazardous content, humidity is so thick I need a laser to cut through it and I’ve had Indian food for three meals already. Yeh, Kuala Lumpur says hello.

But I should shut up and be grateful. I’ve been craving detachment for so long. So long that it actually has taken the form of a background hum in everything I do. While frolicking in the glorious dirt of infinite assignments or crawling in painful inches to the door of every tutorial, it’s been there playing its haunting tune of temptation, waiting for me to cave in.

We could put in numbers or line them up in neat rows to impress; all the instances where it only took one more step to break. And maybe it was this sizeable time at the brink that compelled me to wait for something bigger. Then, here I am.

A feeble attempt, but an attempt no less!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, I insist on enthusiasm.)

I’ll put pictures up once I’m home where I don’t have to be iffy about drinking tap water. In the mean time, here’s some pictures that are so stale, there was mould in jpeg format around the edges.

1) Jannah's birthday!
YMC was this big part of my secondary school life that I could hardly imagine living without. Alot of things have unaligned since then. Everyone's changed, timetables got tangled up in wires and everyone just submitted to the system, so it was hard to declutter and in the end nobody bothered enough. It was so tiring to hound everybody down for a meet up so somewhere, we reached a point where we just stopped meeting.

Then Jannah turned 19 and we actually made a fuss that entailed long Facebook messages and a ton of SMSes. We were finally meeting, hey ho!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Like that amazing MSTRKRFT video.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mr. Pink! Damn, I need to watch Reservoir Dogzzzz

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The balloon suddenly realised that oh, it was filled with helium. It took advantage of that and floated to the tippy top of the cafe. Bloody balloons. So temperamental.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Best game EVER.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love you, Jannah!

2) The Family also had a barbecue a few weeks ago over the Mothers' Day weekend. Say hello to crappy lighting and babies stealing my food.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3) I hate my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment