Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Of fleece jackets and tongue murder.


Photobucket
Picture credit to Noel who credits the Shanghai kids who credit the........Oh, six degrees, people!

I haven't been on this space for a while because I've been attempting to make a conscious effort to spend it on pastures a little less pixellated and electric. I finally got my poor, lazy ass a sweet, sweet job at Kith Cafe down at Rodyk Street. This means I've officially traded over-indulgent TV show marathons with dish-washing, juicing, making coffee, serving the nicest people, downing leftover milkshakes with a pretty good crew and frolicking with some very handsome dogs!

Today, I met my first pug outside a computer screen while serving a weak skinny latte. His name was either Gideon or Gilldeon or something completely different (I didn't quite catch it). He belongs to Yoko, the most adorable Japanese lady who lives at the condo nearby and speaks about her children in percentages (Her husband's English. Her son looks "70% Asian, 30% English" and her daugher is a "better mix", at "50-50").

Gideon/Gilleon/Gill-man is friendlier than most grumpy old men and he has this beautiful fawn coat. His tail curls into a Q at the end and he paces like he had a murder case to crack. He endears in magnitudes I could show with the width of outstretched arms that would risk being disjointed because I would stretch them very, very far and he was basically my Red Bull for the day. ♥_____♥
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yes. I am now that person. That gushy, squealing person. But I am completely unashamed. Just be sure to kill me when I start baby-talking though.

Oh, oh, oh! Nigel surprised me at work today! He got a nice Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake and some overly pulpy leftover Watermelon Lychee from the blender. We hung out a bit and then I had to go home because I am, apparently, grounded for my results. OH, SERIOUSLY [You're gonna make mistakes you're young~~~~~]. This then created an inevitable butterfly effect resulting in the cancellation of a certain date with Jessica, who is still fresh with Australian air and all. This is what appears to be the very rotten cherry that sits atop my cupcake of a day.

4 comments:

  1. they serve toasties on a daily, right? like from 7 to 7 kind of thing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do! And yes, 7 to 7. I should tell you though, my place is pretty big on pork. Bacon, ham and sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smoked salmon sandwich's awesome! And so is the chocolate peanut butter milkshake! They last me the whole day. I guess it's because I already have Macdonald's in the morning that's why I'm damn full because I've had to suck in my food baby so it won't show throw my oh-so-fitting and oh-so-colourful uniform.
    I want to try the Vanilla maple banana because it sounds good. Anyway, your pen no ink lah! -_-
    And oohhh is she Yoko Ono?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it! You know you're welcome to drop by any day! ♥ Next time you should try either the Chicken Pesto or Grilled Chicken Thigh sandwich. They're both pretty bad ass. Ugh YOU? FOOD BABY? Flippin' sucka.

    Yeah, the vanilla maple banana is pretty good too!

    Oi tak syukur ok. Orang kasi pen ambik je ah.

    No, she's not Yoko Ono. I have nothing else to reply you with.

    ReplyDelete