Super Bass - Nicki Minaj
Rabani is a pretty tough score to beat if you have any intentions of trying to break into my Favourite People list. Also if you're planning to work your way up the Douche Ladder, because, yes, ladies and gentlemen, those are pretentious, degreeless spectacles.
1) My grandmother is quite grand. Majestic, even. And it translates quite proportionately into her involvement in my life. She raised me from scratch, while The Parents worked, so I owe her a good piece of my life as well as some credit when it comes to the swallowed-a-loudhailer voice I have.
The great lady turned *insert respectable post-CPF-release age here* last week, and of course a hooha was compulsory.
The breed flocked to my aunt's place with determined missions to conceive food babies and have some kick ass quality bonding time.
See? MAJESTIC.
Aunt Chi Chi just came back from Japan again and she had her usual haul of kawaii food. Among them was the most amazing assortment of Kit Kat, a very teeth-friendly box of caramel (doesn't get wedged in between your molars!) and would-give-up-any-other-food-for-a-week caramel pretzels from Muji.
Clockwise from top-left: Creme Brulee, Green Tea, Roasted Tea, Milk Tea
Malay food siol
We approve of baby torture.
What Farhanna got my baker aunt! Pretty overload!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MATERNAL MAKCIKNESS.
Happy birthday, Nyai. I love you but you must stop wearing yoga pants two sizes smaller.
2) After surviving the high-browness that were my Interdisciplinary Studies modules last semester ("Self Expression through Drama & Poetry" and "Art & Design"), I've been force-fed by Ngee Ann this little thing they call Innovation & Enterprise, which is just a schmancy name for "SELL SOMETHING".
Am fortunate enough that my team and I share an equal amount of apathy towards the module but are willing to feebly fight for a Pass anyway. We're quite teh shit. And being teh shit that we are, we put together PhotoPop, summarized in this splash of colour:
We had our Trial Sale Day on Friday, to prod around the market to see if it shakes. We did okay, for three hours of camping at NP Orchard Road and being liberal with eye contact and fucking megawatt smiles. There was also a very random cervical cancer check-up booth across from us to make our day. 'Twas good.
Starbucks was in NP for a couple of days. Student Plaza felt so colonized.
DELIVERYYYYYYYYYYYYY
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, WE HAVE AMBITIONS TO BE EPIC.
3) On to softer, only exciting on a personal scale kind of news, I GOT A NEW MOUSE heeeheeeheeheehehehehehehhe
Because the old one was a nasty piece of work, 4 years old and had a right click that worked WHEN IT FELT LIKE IT. Also, this one automatically becomes a getai show when it gets plugged into my computer.
FEEEEEEYERRZZZZ
4) SIMONE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!
Her screen is working so she's all shiny again. :') She also got pimped recently thanks to Shery's loveliest stash of happy stickers.
SO BAD ASS
5) There's been a heightened amount of exposure to the FMS Consultation Rooms lately because I'm helping Ms Sonia out with the Open House collaterals. Last week, I had to Google for her what an "Amish" was because I commented that the new design for the FMS toy looked like a little Amish man.
Subsequently, we had an odd conversation about how her students teach her new words all the time and she feels so incredibly sucked into some kind of newspeak vortex. All this while undaintily licking cream of a seemingly infinite supply of Oreos.
WUV YOU MS SONIA
6) If you've ever been in my phone, either browsed through my messages or lived in between the buttons "F" and "G" for a while, you would know that the people who I have recently met get a (usually) one word description after their names. Jessica Copeland, Levina Dora, Rahman Teaman, Joey Neighbour.
They're instant associations. Ones I decided that were significant in each of their essence at the point where I'm keying in their numbers.
More often than none, the people continue to extend from their associations. They get closer, we have more inside jokes, they get further, they do something unexpected and basically, these associations achieve a kind of archival quality. They become Once Upon A Time.
Nigel's saved as "Nigel Bloody Adorable" in my phone because while we were together in SEDP, he'd say the darnest things and he made me such a huge fan. And he always had the happiest looking feet; plimsolls in the best colours. Therefore, Bloody Adorable.
He is the exception. So far, the only person I look at/think of and I still say, "Bloody Adorable". Oh, but of course I learnt more about him since we met. A whole encyclopaedia set's worth actually. Some of the knowledge rather nightmare inducing, and some just fuck twisted. But when we talk, and I don't tell this to him, I ALWAYS love hearing what he has to say.
Most of the time it's a murder plan, but oh lord, they're the best murder plans I've ever heard.
I have to go prance around in Essay Land now, I've got a date with an outline and a tea party with a final draft scheduled, so I'll just leave you with this:
MY CHILDREN
<3<3<3
ReplyDeleteYou're so cool!!
ReplyDeleteHey Iffah don't mind me asking but what do you want to do when you grow up?? :) I've always wanted to own a fashion magazine :)
- Frequent Reader. :)
@Frequent Reader
ReplyDeleteAww I try really hard, but thank you!
You know, I really miss the days where you were 5 years old or something and you were so sure you wanted to be a teacher or an ice cream maker or a unicorn. I don't know anymore. My dreams are annoyingly inconsistent and I currently have a long, long list of them! I want to write, and paint and take photos and laugh and dance and meet good people and have good food together. If you know a job like that, hook me up!
It's great that you know what you want to do, now all you need is to start the chasing. c: I'd love to write for a fashion magazine though!