Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Only when I've uploaded the above picture onto my Photobucket (which is a brand new account by the way. The old one maxed out), did I realize the sleazy nature that is the product of my haphazard shoop. It was meant to look like an inspo board, much like the ones that shroud creative companies and, supposedly, my WebD scrapbook. It is far from achieving said goal, unfortunately.
As an explanation, they're actually pictures off Forever21, which has decided to wring my weak, pretty-deprived heart like an old towel by the sink with a bombardment of new stock in their Intimates section. Especially the four pieces above because (From L - R) it's made from an awfully decadent combination of satin and mesh; it's delicately rimmed with the most precious blue lace and vibes Marie Antoinette like crazy; I CAN'T CHOOSE BETWEEN THIS OR THE BLACK ONE; it's an amazing length and has the loveliest Moroccan print.
I would usually apply my default consumerist mantra here: "WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY ALL". My wallet, however, is at its knees imploring mercy. Also, MERCHANDISE @ LANEWAY. :'(
I know this is such a cliche rant, but I am idealistically hoping this would be attention-seeking and annoying enough to coax Mother Nature into making it rain moolah.
I harbor unrealistic ambitions, tell me something I don't know.
YES I AM AWARE OF THIS SONG thanks to an extensive Google search birthed from a certain post on tumblr about Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez being together.
1) And as usual, pictures so overdue I'd have a court order by now if they were actual books from the National Library.
First up is a meet-up with a much filtered YMC team. We had nothing less of the usual fantastic, almost-patented fun at Fika, a restaurant I like to believe is the lovechild of Ikea and some gastronomic mecca. Of course the decision to use "mecca" also causes it to conveniently double up as a pun, since the place is also Allah-Approved~~~
We all got brill New Year cards from Issy Isa.
MINE HAD A FLIPPIN' PUG ON IT. I ALMOST CRIED.
Extensive Gryphon selection. I APPROVE.
Post-dinner activity included shameless camwhoring at Fika's makeshift living room. So cozy and IKEA-FURNISHED.
Jannah-Wreaths. For when just flowers can't represent your overwhelming festivity enough.
THESE GUYS.
For all of you with sudden twists in your stomach pining for some Halal Swedish foodfare, Fika is located at 257 Arab Street. Look for the darling white decor at the end of the street.
2) Then a week or two later, we hit the new year (which is still pending in terms of gaining a reaction from me, but nobody gives a shit about my Forever Alone ass, do they?) and Le Mere and Le Frere turned a year older.
WE HAD A LOT OF FOOD THAT DAY. No, you don't understand, like, A LOT. You take whatever you think was the amount of food we had and then you MULTIPLY IT BY FIVE. THAT is the amount of food we had.
May I interest you in some proof?
Random family potrait is random.
We hustled (yea, hustled) over to Tante Hawa's place where it was a warzone with meticulously placed mines in the form of food. WE STEPPED ON THEM ALL.
This looks nauseatingly disgusting here, but HOLY LORD, AUSTRALIAN SAUSAGES ARE THE BEST I CAN'T EVEN....................*dies*
Aw, no, don't worry, we didn't eat this little guy. My uncle has an inclination to fish much like this one:
And then it was on to Tante Noor's, where another food orgy was waiting to happen.
Tante Noor's crib always earns brownie points with me by always being a mellowed kind of pretty, along with a nice vase of peonies. :3
After that was the ugliest retreat to the mothership with food babies magnificently conceived. We were good for the next month or so.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA. I love you but you must stop using LOL by actually pronouncing it like a word. You are 42, not 13.
3) Still striving to be a little less bitter about the Photo Essay assignment for Feature Writing. Levina and I couldn't bring it upon ourselves to viciously cut down our picture count from 9 to 6, so we made someone else do the dirty work. But here they all are in their greasy, pasar malam glory.
4) I have editorials and looks to hype about, but my eyes and brain are narrowly reaching the optimal condition to be fried. I will see you another day, Internet. To bid farewell, here is a GPOMB (Gratuitous Picture Of My Brother). I call him Lady Hips now, because DAYUM THE BOY GETTING A LITTLE CURVY~~~~~~~
HOLEY MOTHER YOUR PHOTOESSAY, SRZ MARKET KILLER.
ReplyDelete^ Yeah it is fantastiqué!
ReplyDeleteI love you photo essay! I'm gonna live it like that in case I get into detail and start talking pretentious film talk. :D
ReplyDeleteI love your photo essay! It's like reading a magazine or something. Pardon my horrible comparison >.< I'm impressed, like srsly!! You take awesome shots, honey! ♥
ReplyDeleteI want your mom's birthday cake, geezz.
ReplyDelete'Tis completely unfair. We did not have the photo essay assignment shit. WHY GOD WHY.
ReplyDeleteThat said, yours is completely brill. SO sleek!!!
ReplyDeleteHARLO UR PHOTO ESSAY SPOIL MARKET
ReplyDelete@Adlin, Joseph, Qinxin Eh shit thank you man, but Ramani actually didn't like some of the photos! We liked them too much to give them up so we left it in anyway. Don't think we'll be getting that good a grade thanks to our little ~rebellion~
ReplyDelete@Hafizah Kyaaah that's actually the intention! The module I'm doing this for is Feature Writing, which basically teaches us how to write for magazines :D Thanks so much, really means alot that you put it that way!
@Ashu My aunt made it for her! She's having this crazed fondant phase, she's helping me out for my VDay Special in the magazine. I'll get some pictures when I can. :)
@Grace It constitutes like 15% or something. I did VERY BADLY for FA1/FA2, I need an A+++ to pull up my Feature Writing socks. What assignment did you have instead? And thank you!!!!!!!!! &heartsl