Soldier On - The Temper Trap
I picked up a stray Reader's Digest issue for toilet reading material the other day and ended up reading an article about how artificial light at night may contribute to cancer.
Needless to say, I was mortified to find out that one of my favourite things about night time is now potentially slyly railing me to a track to cancer.
Apparently, artificial light at night (lamps, spotlights, etc.) slows down the production of the hormone melatonin. I admit I haven't the slightest nugget what melatonin is and I am shallowly believing it's important because it sounds..................................science-y.
But a study from Israel's University of Haifa over 164 countries showed that the number of men with prostate cancer was double in nations that were more brightly lit (satellite measurements of night-time light). Also, Harvard found out that out of 18, 000 women, those with the lowest night-time levels of melatonin were 60% more likely to develop breast cancer.
Also, I've updated my Song of the Week after a month. I apologize for the lack of frequency. My commitment levels have been trash lately.
Anal sex reduces the risk of prostate cancer yah!
ReplyDelete