Thursday, March 10, 2011

Legrand.


Photobucket

Walk in the Park - Beach House

Today has been my first real holiday day. Which is ironic, since it was thanks to being grounded for coming home late the other day (I reached my doorstep at 12 am. 12 AM. OOH REBEL~*~*~*~*~). I was supposed to bid adieu to the kids flying off to Wuhan today, but that was rudely disrupted by the parentship's efforts to discipline. So the day started a little later than it was meant to and I didn't really have a picture of how the rest of the hours would turn out. But the air was the kind that made my fingers feel cool without numbing them and it was the optimum temperature to have a thin blanket permanently bundled around my legs. Of course when it got warmer it was promptly fashioned into a cape.

The pace of the day inevitably assumed this leisurely rate, what with the weather and sprawling on the living room carpet and back-to-back cups of tea. This kneaded in with the occasional nap, made for a pretty good overture for the holidays, I thought.

If you're like me, your tongue only tasting the blissful nothingness of the poly semester break about a week late, I wish you Happy Holidays. If you've been revelling in the lack of school for a while now, then DAMN IT SON, GET OFF YER ASS AND DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE.

For instance, I aspire to be a deathly potent combination of Martha Stewart, Paula Deen and Oprah by the end of the break. Less making sandwiches in the kitchen, more home & living goddess.

Photobucket



So being grounded helps, somewhat. Because on top of taking away my phone and EZ-link card (if you're close enough to me, you'd know that those are two of the most useless things to me), they would leave me a list of chores to complete by the time they come back.

They're hilarious actually, these lists. About 10 to 15 household chores, headlined with "DO THIS BEFORE I COME HOME. YOU ARE NOT TO GO OUT." in Caps and with a marker pen so it's thicker than the rest of the content on the paper. I think it was their attempt at intimidation through text. Really quite a sad effort.

All this kerfuffle because I came home at an ungodly hour, by their definition. And it was for decent reasons too! I was from Noel's 19th bash all the way in Pasir Foreign-Land Ris. Cupcakes had to be delivered!

I baked cupcakes for the boy earlier in the day. Isky came over later armed with a huge jar of Nutella and helping hands.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Unfortunately, the trip from Bukit Panjang to Pasir Johore-Seems-Nearer Ris was a bastardly one, wrecking the cupcakes along the way. The emerged only passable, but it was nice to see Noel squeal like a little girl when he saw them. Here they are, squished, torn and ruined by our little pilgrimage (YES PILGRIMAGE THAT'S WHAT I'M CALLING IT).

Photobucket
Shutterbug, Simba, Geek Glasses, Fail Rose, 19, Kitty 19, Heart, Heroin Cat

Photobucket
N, O, E, L, 19, Shutterbug, 19, Kitty 19, Hearts, Bows



Another thing I did today was watch a lot of Beach House videos and allow myself to be utterly seduced by Victoria Legrand's glorious, glorious mane.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here's some more inspo:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I desperately need to grow out my hair. :c Those of you who recommend me extensions, I will personally shave off all your hair and stuff it down your throat. ISKANDAR, I'M LOOKING AT YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment