Friday, March 4, 2011

Welcome the Last Days


Photobucket

Come Back Home - Two Door Cinema Club

Yesterday was the official last day of Year 2, uneventfully finaled by a Public Relations paper in the afternoon. Our fanfare had to be smothered until after you were beyond a hundred metres from the exam hall. Although by that time, all hype would have quietly effervescenced away on the elevator ride down. So that as soon as the lift doors opened and spat me out, all I could manage was a queer concoction of a sigh; one part contentment, another part relief and a tinge of foreboding.

Much later, Iskandar and I headed down to town to meet Ashu, Joseph, Ievan, Annabelle, Elaine and Nat for a nicely paced meander around. The only intention we had was for Elaine to get Chewy Junior, and any other embellishments to the mission was based on whims and a lack of hefty deliberation. I think we didn't really make a conscious effort to decide what to do. It felt like we were floating, like we were utterly passive and you could pin needles into our palms and it wouldn't hurt.



My room has been one of the larger-suffering victims of the deadline/exams rampage. My bed hasn't been made in days and every flat surface has been successfully obscured by a stack of papers of usually unknown derivation. The frames above my bed are crooked and the curtains have been hastily woven in and out of the window grills to allow decent ventilation. It is depressing.

I was too tired to even try to initiate a dust bunny assassination when I got home, so I just mindlessly tore the quilt from my bed, set up my Mac in the living room, groped around for some cushions, and fell asleep underneath the ceiling fan watching The Office.

Photobucket

I woke up with $10 on my face and squinting thanks to the sun. I felt like a stripper.



Today was the first day of the FMSA SMT '11/12 Interviews, where we got to probe, initimidate and judge one of the most handsome batch of juniors I know. With this much potential you think it'd hardly be a needle in a haystack situation, but it is the same amount of potential that has us gnawing the inside of mouths trying to assemble an order that doesn't require us to leave anyone out. :c

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
GET MARRIED AND HAVE RIDICULOUSLY GORGEOUS CHILDREN ALREADY

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

RANDOM MUGSHOTS ARE RANDOM

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then it was a nice dinner at Pines' Cafe and Romulus after about a month void of Alumni Clubhouse goodness.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Above food shots are by Ievan who insists that he is only extremely gifted in photography when given a proper camera.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
FOOD PORN HNNNNG



Oh, Ling was being amazing yesterday, and brought me this marvellous plethora of TWG teabags she apparently snagged not-so-discreetly from some hotel room. Every flavour sounds deliciously pretentious and smells like something out of a Queen's powder room. Also, it is well-aligned with my resolution to try at least 10 new types of tea this holiday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
If anyone has a tea flavour that they'd like to recommend, do let me know! I'm pretty keen. :3



I'm currently having the Vanilla Bourbon flavour and I will now leave you so I can selfishly enjoy the rest of my tea-gasm.
DIVIIIIIINE.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GODDDD I WISH I CAN BE LIKE LING AND JUST HAVE A CARTON OF TEA DROPPED ONTO MY LAP. D:
    Ahaha and the gif on Ievan's photography skills! <3
    LAVVYOOO~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM AN AMAZING AND GIFTED PHOTOGRAPHER WHEN GIVEN THE RIGHT CAMERA.

    ReplyDelete