Saturday, March 26, 2011

When You're Good to Mama


Photobucket

Communion - Maximum Balloon feat. Karen O


Today has been lazy, with the usual post-TGO rehearsal good feeling folded into the warm air.

Photobucket

Got my Frankie magazines from Emi last night and I've been drowning myself in them since I came home. Thanks, Emi!

Photobucket



On top of that, last night's Parent-Teacher meeting initiated a steady growth of confidence in my ability to be a decent mother. I still am not a big fan of the majority of teachers and the supposed authority that they are, but I guess without them, the juvenile loathe for parents would be seriously overbearing.

It's 6 months to the O Level papers and my brother's post-curricular timetable still largely consists of polishing off an entire cigarette pack every 3 seconds, sending over-emoticonized texts to his girlfriend every 2 seconds and succumbing to general sloth every other second.

On the bus ride home I mustered all the residual Adam Khoo power I had from 2007 to talk to him.
"You need to wake the fuck up."
"I know."
"You need to be scared of this. You need to panic, then take a bloody deep breath and study."
"I know."
"Find something that will drive you. You need to find something worth doing this for."
"Like Mom and Dad?"
"Like yourself."

The rest of the bus ride home was quiet apart from when this woman brushed her laptop case against my swollen helix while she was trying to stand up and I screamed. I really thought my ear was going to fall off.

Photobucket

Rabani, I love you, but you're bringing me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment