Sunday, May 22, 2011

Good Things Come in the Mail


Photobucket

Mexican Mavis - Boy and Bear

A couple of weeks back, Kelly Eident from imyourpresent had a competition. All you had to do was put together a Polyvore that included a playsuit she designed for Fred Flare and you instantly were in the running for a $50 voucher at her Etsy store.

Well, I thought this was extremely convenient. I considered Polyvore a sort of an indulgence now and then, and to get a voucher out of curating a set that had all the things I liked in it sounded like a good deal. I hadn't made one for so long anyway, and I didn't think it'd be catastrophic if I did try out.

But of course the Polyvore 'Create a Set' function had to screw up on my browser, so it was a little painstaking putting together the set. After a good hour of tweaking and sifting through the wardrobes of an infinite number of designers, this is what I came up with:

Photobucket

Pug puppy, persian kitten, Strangelove font and that squeeeeeeee-worthy colour combo. I SWEAR THIS POLYVORE SET IS OUT TO BOMB MY OVARIES.

So I submitted the entry and just shelved it aside. A week later, I found out that I didn't win, but came in second instead. I got a $25 voucher to remind myself I didn't too shabbily at all! Woooooooooooo

Received my package of items I had picked out in the mail later and ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I love receiving things in the maaiiiiilllll.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Got a pair of scalloped danglies and the other pair that's sitting pretty is a pair of Pierrot cameos. The balloon and bubblegum lollipop made up a small surprise that was nestled amongst the earrings. There was also a handwritten message to prove that Kelly is quite the darling that her blog makes her out to be. :3

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bubblegum lollipop's hard exterior collapses after a while to give way to the bubblegum inside, making it look like it was made of crystals.


More recently, I found a smaller, flatter envelope waiting for me in the midst of a dreary stack of bills and unspecial notifications from the town council. The return address was to California and it didn't have to take me a whole verse of a Lydia/Copeland song to figure out which good person decided to send love from the US!

Photobucket

JESSICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ♥ ♥ ♥

Photobucket

I miss you so sosososoosos much too. Myojo Laksa Cup Noodles say hello in smoke signals!



Up next is something that didn't come in the mail, but made me as excited as if it did.

Ievan has been camping out at The Tent at Ngee Ann City for the Audi Fashion Festival 2011, frolicking within the likes of gliterrati and happy fashion people. He's been an absolute puppy when it comes to gushing about the Ungaro show to being a hair's breadth away from Margherita Missoni.

And of course access to the Media Lounge does have its perks, coming in the form of mini Belvedere bottles and adorable Kikki K. stationery, which Ievan's swift fingers have managed to swipe and re-distribute very excitedly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So darling, aren't they!



I guess I've been on the receiving end of things, and I can't be more thankful than I already am to have people think of you once in a while and pass material things your way. The love would have been enough, but to have the lot of you package it in physical means makes the entire receiving process almost over-whelming.

It always feels good to open your mailbox and see something with a scrawl of the handwritten variety that spells out your name and address. It's definitely difficult for something like the Internet to replace something like that, even though an endless amount of alternatives exist with missions to eliminate the slothness that is snail mail.

But it's pretty damn hard to beat, I tell you. And here's something I thought I'd do to spread the love of slow service that brings you lovingly put together, tediously composed packages in your mailbox.

Photobucket

Send your NAME and ADDRESS to iffahrakinah@gmail.com with the subject title GOOD THINGS IN MY MAILBOX, PLEASE by Monday, 23 May, 1159 PM.

I have 3 care packages to allow the hardworking people of the postal service to send to your doorstep. Once the deadline rolls around, I'll use a random number generator to determine the 3 people who'll get some love.

In the mean time, drink tea and have fun.
♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment