Friday, May 20, 2011

Celebratory


Photobucket

House of Balloons - The Weeknd

If the air today wasn't so damn dense with Sick (that's right, capitalized 'S'), I would have felt more cathartic about finally being able to sweep off the mad ruckus of yesterday off the table. An action requiring a certain amount of glorified snobbery (does this makes sense). Unfortunately, all I am able to supply is a half-hearted prod-along with my finger to the edge of the table, where it will uneventfully slip off the edge without a sound.

To celebrate, I grazed around the Internet rather aimlessly, but as usual emerged finding bits and bobs that triggered girl squeals.

I know, pointless net browsing isn't much of a party. But when you've been so deprived of miscellaneous, unpurposeful surfing, and when Google News becomes a necessity rather than an obligation, scrolling through tumblr feels like an orgasm.



1) One of those Cambridge Satchels copycats, but easily forgiven just because it's in a robin blue so delicious that I am deathly close to clamping my teeth on it and having a nice cup of Earl Grey afterwards to wash it down.


Photobucket
Tiffany Blue Satchel Bag by everydaylifestore.com



2) I stumbled upon a site called T2Tea. They're an Australian-based store that has a marvelous online treasure box of tea cups and pots and tumblers and flasks and tea (of course).

Their site is rather sleek and design-concious looking, but the things they sell are hardly a collection of cups with some douche-y ~Rothko-inspired~~~~~, ~~post-modernist~~~~ architectural look (basically something Zaki would like).

And I'm glad, because I easily get weak at my knees for the pretty, and T2Tea's plethora of things for tea time are maaaaaaad purddy. These are my favourites!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

With 4 sugars, please.



3) My efforts to make a ribbon mobile have been postponed a little too regularly for my patience. This is thanks to a myriad of reasons, including (predictably) school, a less frequent surge of creativity as well as a glaring lack of..ribbons.

Lilla Lotta on Etsy sells the most darling of them all. She calls them cotton tapes and they're rolled around wooden spools that make me want to whisk myself away in a cottage and knit a salmon-pink pullover for my pet cat. They're cutesy and remind me of a sweet old granny at the same time, an impression that always makes me feel cozy and nice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just one of those things that you Want enough to make it into a Need.



4) It is possible that Ikea holds a kind of monopoly when it comes to wall shelves. I haven't been to a home whose wall shelf isn't an Ikea Lack. Oh, I hardly blame any of you fellow consumerists; Lack is incredibly versatile and it is almost a 21st century crime if you don't have at least one Ikea item in your crib.

But I felt so deceived when I found out about Urban Outfitter's Conceal Double Shelf.

Photobucket

HOLY CRAP IS THIS BABY BEAUTIFUL OR WHAT. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE.

Functional floating books. What more do my walls need. Well, okay, maybe a good coat of new paint, but THIS SHELF COMES RIGHT AFTER IT.



5) And forever on my wishlist, this little cutie:

Photobucket

Found them on Julia's blog (which is a brilliant use of net space, do check her out if you haven't already) and my heart went all achey breaky.



Alright, I have to go unleash my whining about being so low on money to a very unfortunate pair of ears (here's looking at you, Rabani). If I'm lucky I might wake up with some moolah tomorrow, but knowing how things have been rolling in the fate department, I'd probably open my eyes to a pile of laundry waiting to be folded.

On a much, much lighter note:

1) Le Mother has given me a big, fat "Go!" to my travelling plans with Farhanna next year.

Photobucket

See you sooooooooooooooon.


2) I got a new theme for my browser, a combination of pale wood and pastel plaid is hard to err with.

Photobucket
Click for bigger!

3) I did like Paolo Nutini and got some new shoes on AnD SuDDenLy EveryThing's RiIIiIght~~~~ Pictures tomorrow if I feel like it.

4) My ears are having the most intense sessions of love-making thanks to The Weeknd, who I've placed as song of the day. If, like me, you can't get enough of this lip-bitingly good concoction of soul and slowed down dance beats, here's another one of theirs I really like:



5) And Gong Cha's opening at Bukit Panjang Plaza. IEVAN DARWIN ARE YOU LISTENING??????????????

Photobucket
credit

Earl Grey Milk Tea, get in muh belleh.



I've got nice things to give away tomorrow, stick around! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Omg, you're going to London?! Oh yes I have a Paolo Nutini folder in my UNF folder in Spazz folder. I love organized folders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nigel I have to raise my own money. That's kinda why I'm working too. Mmmm Paolo Nutini and organized folders. I miss having organized folders. I hate what school has done to my ability to very zen-ly sort out my desktop.

    ReplyDelete