Porcelain Heart - Nicola Roberts
If you're wondering if I'm dead in a ditch somewhere, set on fire by unreasonable arsonists, I am not. Instead, very uneventfully, I am very much alive. And currently nursing a horrible food coma from an overload of ramen and strawberry soda (tastebud-less Ievan dubbed it "cough syrup").
Essentially, I've been rendered immobile, and I've just been coiled up on my bed trying to read a Murakami I just loaned out of the library while resisting all urges to embellish my freshly laundered sheets with vomit (Though it does look like it would make a brilliant colour combination...).
Found out sitting up helped a little. Found a way to set up my laptop without needing to contort my body to odd angles, so here I am.
Where do I even start.
Okay maybe from the latest bulk of photos I have...
1) Hosted Dance-Free, The Fashion Dance Competition, last weekend with Ryo. For a lack of a better way to explain things, it was the effort of the sweetest APR kids to fuse two worlds of vaaaaaaast differences together.
And I thought they did a magnificent job. But that could just be me and my inclination to anything flashy (cue: photo wall), sugar-fuelled (hello, Red Bull sponsor) and with happy, shiny people ready to patronize my poor sense of humour.
Photowalllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!
Had a ball of time throwing around fashion jargon aimlessly for the sole reason of stupefying Ryo, and trying to be a sliver as good as the dance acts that pwned the stage.
Thanks to a certain circumstance, I formulated what I think is the best product of my genius (or lack thereof) yet: When in Doubt, BANGHRA.
photos credit
2) Made it out alive for our final TV Journalism assignment. Dedicated a day to filming at Kampong Glam, under searing heat (so merciless!!!!!) and in not-so-meticulously-planned-out-clothing.
A thousand brownie/cookie/cupcake points to Rachel, Nat and Annabelle each for being such remarkable group-mates, down to the last shot of footage.
Found out what spectacular not-so-modern mechanisms car lifts are! Annabelle was the most vocal about her wonderment.
Maybe another five points for Annabelle, who has blessed my camera memory card with this stunner:
:D
3) The good people of m:idea (now my predecessors, but more about that later) linked arms and conjured up this year's HYPE-d Up Flea Market, a brilliance swirling with cheap shit in luggages, good bands and more cheap shit in luggages.
photos credit
Ievan and I had blocked off work, christening it our Big Day Out, after a marathon of weeks of being deprived from the huge ass consumerism party that is Orchard.
We made it an expedition, trekking the streets and overturning rocks of shops so we could update our prehistoric catalogue of season's looks.
Oh and of course there was the very welcomed bumping into some of the best people.
It was Redzzy's birthday.
Nurul was part of a surprise.
AND THESE FOUR!!!! I CAN'T EVEN!!!!!
I was deliciously delirious seeing them all, there really could be no better day.
And my goodness, my shopping stamina has really been shelved for too long. I realized how much I missed being a girl and all the revelling in frocks, shoes, ba-bling and the like.
In my mind, it was like I was dancing to an elaborately planned out musical number, weaving in and out of candy-coloured shop fronts swooping up and down flies. Everything was over-saturated and eye-blindingly pop. It was glorious.
Ended the day with an Appblebees' grandeur, along with a fine platter of deep fried grub and laughing in the face of mismatched 'music videos'. Dandy.
4) And then there was the laregely hyped Nokia Rekonstruck, an inter-school showdown of bands, Facebook 'Like' comeptitions and brilliant copywriting.
Managed to slip out of work and went down to seriously carry out duties as a planter in the audience, laughing a little too loudly at Ievan's patented brand of hahaha.
Grayson was jamming in slippers. I wanted to gnaw off his kopitiam kicks. Flipflops make me twitch in all kinds of ways, all kinds of places.
Met Ashu afterwards for supper, who was the darlingest thing bringing gerberas (no pictures, unfortunately!) for Ievan and I. ♥
5) Finally, Jamie XX was in Singapore a while back, some twistlickdunks of fate got me tickets to see the QT Pie live at Stereolab. Photos grabbed off the Popspoken FB page!
Also met Jill, fresh from a beach-y holiday and who was the prettiest thing with her Paperself eyelashes!
Can't decide what to dub Highlight of the Night: Jamie spinning a remixed Rolling in the Deep or Ievan forcing himself to have fun amidst [according to him] frustratingly still people.
And yeahhhhhh that pretty much is the gist of the goings-on here on my little cordoned-off corner of the world. Deadlines have FINALLY assumed a lull, a state I have been waiting all-too-patiently for. I'm excited about sleeping in, reading books and breathing slow.
I am unnerved, hysterical and so, so excited all at the same time.
OMFG. OMG. EDITOR OF HYPE. ARRRRGH. THAT IS A DAMN DREAM COME TRUE BABE I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU, SILENTLY SQUEALING IN EXCITEMENT RIGHT NOW IN NUS CANTEEN.
ReplyDeleteAwww Graceeeeeeeeee!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!! Did you want to be editor during your year? And have you gotten the current issue of HYPE! Heh by the way I can't believe you still read this thing lololol
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you next sem! M:idea office, they have a pantry! :D:D:D
ReplyDelete