Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kiss Me Hard Before You Go


Photobucket

Summertime Sadness - Lana del Rey

Sorry for the lack of creativity when it comes to music choice. I've just been so smitten by this woman. So hopelessly infatuated by her siren chords. Magic when she sings and so endearing when she talks, her voice cracks like she was on the brink of giving herself to the breakdown of the century. Come here, Lana, let me hold you till you're okay.



1) Unfortunately, physical proof that the past few weeks have been so deliciously busy will only be out in a week or so and cost you about 50 smackeroos. Though you wouldn't need to scrape out coins from your change pouch if you were part of Dr Georgia Lee's posse. You'd be getting it for free. But that's part of a whole other story.

I've been helping piece Designare Couture together, the bi-annual publication that superstar editor Kim Reyes and her team produces. Essentially, I've been living vicariously through (commence name-dropping) Nicole Phelps, swooning over Victoire de Castellane's jewellery-making genius, and dancing more than I should to the soundtrack of the Armani Prive show (bass is so good).

Yeah that's where I've been the past few weeks. It helps that the everyone around feeds me and Ievan's a Hollywood boulevard away. ;)

Photobucket



2) Been also making a slightly-better-than-crap effort to keep my fingers intertwined with my social life's.

Sobbed about unemployment and brooded over the practicality of a Crash Comm for FMS FBC '12 with Jessica and Nurul. I've been having cravings fit for Jessica Simpson's pregnancy for buttery Belgian waffles, so we went to Udders. Theirs was generally rather lacklustre, but it came with their Hazel's Nuts ice cream. And I am easily pacified by anything hazelnut flavoured. Too easily.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Always good to have the top dogs of FMSA as your bitches ;)



3) Tons of really great kids added another candle to their birthday cakes these past two months. My baby Hani was one of them. Gal pal beat me to the big 2-1 and we met up for dessert, but ended up ambitiously ordering zealous portions of appetizers. Typical.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aaaaaaaaaaaand gif:

Photobucket

Photobucket

A proper one just in case you felt like you were on the verge of an epileptic seizure.



4) Just because it's been happening ever so often and it seems like the natural thing to do, Aunt Chi Chi's call for mornings of dreamy sumptuousness now has a name.

Photobucket

The Breakfast Club is intended to be a collection of gastronomic affairs of the wonderful, cozy kind. With more family than mere familiar, it is a time of having delightful conversations over the baked goodness of one Siti Hawa Mohd Jonid. It is an experience unattainable by craving or sheer pining, but one that includes a formal request of presence by the chef herself. What is offered is an exquisite spread, proof that 'connoisseur' is the rightful term for the artful hand that prepares it. But more that that, what is promised is mirth, enjoyment, and sheer revelry amongst the warm company of people you love. Await your invitation.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Best ways to spend Sundays, seriously.



5) I turned 21, and refused fanfare or any sorts of parade to show for it. Look how ~~modest~~ and ~~mature~~ and mind-numbingly boring I am. You see, I've lived without it being about me for a good, long while. Another year of that would have been completely a-okay.

But I must have forgotten what big sweethearts I have for friends and their power to make me feel so very loved. ♥

Love you, YMC. For the flawlessly coordinated surprise, and the ice cream flavours that were so excellently guessed.

Photobucket

Happy birthday to you too, Syed Danial :)

Photobucket

Love you, FMSA. For putting up with mine and Jessica's (happy birthday to her too!) mindless whining and the rooftop dinner. Flashing from Shery (wish her happy birthday in 8 days!) a complete bonus.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And thank you everyone else for all the presents, hugs, kisses, love, texts, wall posts. They mean so much.



6) This boy's been a great treat for the weekend, where we can both put aside any awful part of the week and spend some time being fickle about cheese, questioning the intentions of the media (one of many pretentious discussions lol) and squeeze in a one-hour power nap all in the same night.

Photobucket

Gave him a crash course on Instagram, which he instantly dubbed "hipster". Be careful with that word, Mr Riko. A whole plaid-wearing, filter-obsessed mob might come your way and tear that pretty face up.



7) On that note, I have been equipped with an iPhone, and all of the social goodness it is brimming with (yes, I am back on Twitter). So check out my faux-lomo captures, tweet me, drop me a wall post, obsess over how it shows two ticks but I've not replied you, video call me, whatever. I'm even on Grindr.

Most have been congratulating me on my conformism. I think I'm supposed to be offended. I really couldn't give less of a shit. All I care about now is having a good Antoinette macaroon. And honey dew sago. Damnnnnn honey dew sago.



Hope your weekend was nice as mine was. Here's Stella and I wishing you a great week ahead ♥

Photobucket

Whoa, long post. Veni, vidi, vici.



No comments:

Post a Comment