Saturday, May 12, 2012

Grow Up and Blow Away

I can't even remember the countless times I've referenced this piece of Metric genius, but I've found it so relatable to every single one of my occasional pause where I'm internalizing the whirlwind that just dropped me off at my doorstep. Every weekend, it's like I'm short of Toto or some magic beans to feel like I've just come home from a twisted, yellow brick road adventure. It's been a balancing act between work and play, and I think it's pretty safe to say that one of the scales are only a breath heavier than the other.

Unfortunately, I have been less than equipped with decent photography equipment to document any of the recent days. I regret this immensely because there have been such good times with the best of people. Also, I stumbled upon Qlassik@livejournal the other day, for embarrassing reasons that might take you some effort and a century to pry from me, and I was deeply nostalgic for all the days I was some kind of Edward Camera-hands (oh, lordy, I am HIGH-LARIOUS). I don't know why it seemed I was having such a great time with so little, and comparing it to the supposed contentment that I am revelling in now is such a mockable effort. This is a little unsettling. I wonder if I try too hard or if I'm not trying at all.

2 comments:

  1. Hey iffah, this is Rice! you sure got many things at hand but just pull away and take a deep breath, allshd be fiiiiine. hows it been since internship? Anyways, i didn't know your email so yeah drop by again to our showroom, weve got facebook.com/glamour.vintage happening next week!

    PS. let me know, the interview shd be out alr right? i havent seen it because... i'm not in SG anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iffah you really do need to update. I miss your writing so bad.

    ReplyDelete