Saturday, April 9, 2011

FMS NUMBER ONE


Photobucket

Young Blood - The Naked and Famous

Today was spent a little too indulgently, definitely very unhealthily and maybe even a bit morosely. I've been nursing post-FBC love scars, licking them good with Mad Men episodes and tumblr (I've been compensating for the lost days). All this barely moving from my mattress, apart from a 5 minute shower and a half-hearted session of unpacking my camp baggage.

My camp-planning swan song was so conveniently epic. Thanks to FMS FBC '11, I now really don't know a better way to punctuate the end of my ~service~ (I use this word loosely. Most of us actually sold our souls the day we went for that Exco/SMT interview). It was everything a flawless three days of facilitated bonding was supposed to be, and I get very soft and gooey inside thinking of how all this came out of some of the most brilliant minds assembled by FMSS. I couldn't ask for a better team. If anything, I was working in ProgComm heaven.

Photobucket

I am the anti-camp, to be honest. 4 years of NPCC-style frolicking in the likes of Pulau Ubin has screwed up my general stance towards being away from home for more than a night. It has cultivated a snob of sorts, where I am completely resistant to using any toilet apart from my own, packing (OH THE PACKING) and lugging insane amounts of bags around on public transport.

But I figured out that the source of my bitterness towards camps was the fact that you were always being told what to do. That there was a camp commandant around, or [in the case of NPCC] a Cadet Inspector lurking to make sure you're always on schedule and what have you. But the beauty of FMS FBC lay in the fact that we had the reins, and oh, how lovely the reins felt.

ALL SHOTS ARE EITHER BY REDZUAN OR ANDRIC


Photobucket

Photobucket

The nights were as amazing as the days, what with the conception of a new talkshow idea with Ievan, tea with Hidayah and Dyan, or just being with Dionel, who smelt impossibly good ALL THE TIME. There were just no people better to share beds with than with than Ievan and Shery, no person who talked to me half-asleep I'd be more patient with than Joey, and no better way to start everyday than with hugs from Redzuan. This is just the tip of the iceberg, the thought of every single person being there and doing what they're doing will overwhelm me to the point of pathetic sobbing. I'm not about to allow that.

Photobucket
The Avengers

Photobucket
Justice League

Photobucket
X-Men

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Instant formula for fun: ANY game + Water bombs

Photobucket
FUCKING GLORIOUS

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wan being cute as always hahahaha

Highlights of the camp included seeing Jessica Tan over Skype, pulling games out of our asses half-awake just so we could have something to do the next day, braving merciless scorching from the sun while walking around station to station and pleasantly discovering everything was as smooooooooooth as baby butt, The Great ProgComm Move (3 LEVELS!) on the first night, sharing puny balcony spaces with the best people, the effortless supply of awkward tension ProgComm never seemed to run out of, AN EARLY BIRTHDAY PRESENT FROM NURUL WHICH STILL MAKES ME SMILE SO WIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AHHHHHHHHHHH, and watching the unforced smiles and hearing nothing but genuine laughter from everyone while immersing themselves in ProgComm goodness.

Photobucket

It makes me glow, guys, it makes me flippin' glow.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha aww man the freshies look so..... fresh. I miss that innocence.

    ReplyDelete