Books Written for Girls - Camera Obscura
When it comes to consumerism, I'd like to think that I'm slowly putting together a little red book of sorts for myself. I do have very strict rules when it comes to the art of wallet-thinning; it really isn't a laughing matter. Time and time again the following gems have been my default shopping advice for anyone caught in a buying rut:
1) When in doubt, buy all,
2) The more useless, the more you need it, and
3) If it makes you squeal and do ridiculous baby sounds, buy the shop out of its stock.
Of course more sensible mantras include "Atrium sales first, then the rest of the mall" and "If it's more than $10, SLEEP ON IT". I'm not on any mission to take everyone's purse's eye out, you know.
With AUBURN BRAIDS, it's convenient adherence to most of my shopping laws is a dream. One where I wake up from blissfully sighing. Following this is a very sudden smile, upon my realisation that it is not at all a dream, but something solid, existing, very, very real.
Let us all take a moment to thank our respective higher powers for the otherwise unnecessary Innovation & Enterprise module in Ngee Ann. Without it, Collette, Michelle, Mandy and Amanda never would have experienced the Eureka that is Auburn Braids while raking noggins for a project to appease the I & E gods.
Auburn Braids is something you'd find at the end of the rabbit hole, or in the midst of a quiet, narrow street lined with potted roses and short lampposts. Everything is pretty, everything makes you smile and everything is tailor-made for the happy, crafty magpie in you.
I'm a big fan of badges in general and Auburn Braids has the cutest collection of these little suckers I'd pin on bags, cardigans, blazers and on my hair if my tresses are feeling especially decent.
*Flight of The Conchords badge not from Auburn Braids
Wore this out today!
They're also pretty well stocked with notebooks that look like they've been through a couple of rainbows, swirled around in fairy dust and been kissed by the artful hands of lomography.
And here's one I'm thrilled to call my own:
SO PRETTEH ♥ __________ ♥
Auburn Braids recently launched their Keep Calm Notebook Collection, much to my excitement.
I have sideline ambitions to own an original Keep Calm and Carry On poster. Plans currently include traveling back in time to 1939 and stripping them off the walls of London. Until I find a time machine, these notebooks more than suffice.
And look, Ma, versions tumblr would approve of!
MAKE TEA? FAKE A BRITISH ACCENT? BELIEVE IN UNICORNS? THESE BABIES WERE MADE FOR ME :')
Being the darlings that they are, Auburn Braids sent me one they thought I'd like AND a customized one!
I'm a sucker for brown packages in the mail (not the dubiously shaped, emitting-ticking-sounds sort though), so I was stoked to receive this from them:
I almost died from pretty overload when I opened the package.
They sent me the Keep Calm and Believe in Unicorns!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDDDDDDDDDDD.....................
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
!!!!!!!!!!!! "HOW DID YOU KNOW? WAS I THAT OBVIOUS? OH MY OH MY WHAT GAVE IT AWAY!"
*ahem*
I was psyched beyond words and went for a little photoshoot, like I just had a baby and all I wanted to do was to spam everyone's Facebook newsfeed with picture after picture of her (weeeeeeak metaphor, I know).
Oh my god, they're so beautiful. Can't wait to make them an official addition to my Things I Must Have in My Bag list.
SHOP AUBURN BRAIDS NOW
Oh my god, I want to burn my wallet on these!
ReplyDelete