Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Not so hard and fast


So right now, I have two calendars on my table, both of different years and opened to pages that already have markings on them (some reluctant, most enthusiastic), I've had three cups of tea already, all of which were almost instantly turned cold thanks to the Siberian temperatures of the office. I haven't had proper food all day, but have unwisely chosen to peck at the extensive plethora of leftover Christmas goodness in the pantry. I am unapologetic for the rapidly diminishing supply of Marks & Spencer chocolate biscuits and organic kettle chips, although I'm pretty sure it's going to bite me in the ass a couple of days from now when it decides to permanently reside at unflattering areas of my body. Which is kind of okay because the second cycle of zumba is due to start in about two weeks. 

There's a printed booking confirmation for a hotel room in Batam somewhere amidst the pile of course brochures and paper clips. Mom is incredibly excited that we're going away for a bit and has been deliriously compiling a to-buy list. It is 3 pages long now. 

I'm pretty stoked too. Rabani and I are sharing a room and we plan to creep out in the middle of the night to see what kind of adventures middle-class wusses like us can get up to. We might do something really dangerous. Like go into the swimming pool in improper attire or swipe the over-priced coke in the mini fridge with a can we bought for pennies from the supermarket downstairs. Then we'll head back and order a ton of room service because Dad said we could. 

It's 6.33 pm now and I'm off to decorate Ronald's desk with chocolate penises and toilet paper. Or maybe just pink balloons and silly string. We'll see what the budget allows. 

More life updates soon-ish, I guess you could say I'm making an effort to resuscitate this space. Seriously contemplating a new layout even though I'm still very much into tea, pugs, and peonies. And I have pictures to share! Exciting times!  

No comments:

Post a Comment